The College Library is a gateway to a world of Information. The Staff and students have unlimited access to a wealth of Information found in resources like books, magazines, Journals, Hand Books, Annual reports and the Internet. In addition, the library offers specious seating arrangements and a calm ambience for learning.
Total Books in the Library: Department wise
|Sl. No.||Departments||No. of Titles||No. of Volumes|
|9||M. Tech - CSE||31||108|
|10||M.Tech - VLSI||38||164|
|11||M.Tech - Machine Design||34||140|
|No. of Titles||4,500|
|No. of Volumes||22,237|
|SC/ST Book Banks||1,923|
|No. of Non Books||1,809|
|No. of News Papers||10|
|No. of Periodicals ||Nation 83, International 27|
Member of VTU Consortium
- IEEE/IEL Online
- Springer Link
- K-Nimbus:Digital Library Platform
- Remote Access Solution
Overview of Facilities & PoliciesThe MSEC Central Library aims to providing access to its Printed resources such as Books, Journals and Magazines as well as Electronic Resources for the use of faculty and Students at the college campus.
The Central Library is available for the use of all members of MSEC. Its Working hours are 9.00am to 4.15pm Monday through Saturday.
Newly Arrived Books & Periodicals
Newly arrived journals and Magazines cannot be issued out of the Library before a specified period. All Journals, magazines or Newspapers subscribed by the Library are not being issued before the period specified on the item.
MSEC Central Library subscribes to online full text Journals & Resources. It regularly adds new Journals & Resources to the Collection for the benefits & easy access to all the users. This service is available to all M.S.Engineering College Network users.
External users from other Institutions or College are allowed to use the Library on a Letter from their Institution or College. External users are not permitted to issue Library items. Other Visitors to the Library may use it provided a staff member introduces them to the Librarian. The Concern Staff member is responsible for the Visitor. Externals users and visitors are allowed to use the Library only during office hours.
Role of Library Staff in helping users
During Normal Working hours the Librarian & other Library Staff will assist the users. They will also assist in obtaining necessary reference material for individual users. The Library will provide necessary service to obtain personal subscription or book purchases for faculty and Students.
Code of Conduct
- Library is a place of Individual study, Library members should maintain an atmosphere of dignity, peace and silence within the Library.
- When you entering the Library, should enter your Sign in the Usage Register.
- Talking is strictly prohibited in the Library.
- Borrowing materials without a valid Library Identity card number is prohibited.
- Not permitted to use another Library Identity Card.
- Students must take care of Library Materials and must not deface then by underlining, writing or drawing in them by removing any part of
- Do not reshelf books, periodicals etc., leave them on the tables properly after use.
- Absence and illness excuse are not acceptable for exemption from paying an overdue charge.
- The cost of replacement with double amount will be charged to the person for loss or damage the library materials.
- Eatables are not allowed in the library Cell phones are to be set in the “OFF” or “VIBRATOR” mode prior to entering the Library.
Library StaffSenior Librarian:
Ramesh V., MLISc., M.Phil
Librarian: Umesh Kumar
Digital Library Information
Access online e-journals from IEEE, Delnet Organizational Membership & British Library Membership.